Saturday, October 5, 2013

Down Days

I know no one likes to have {or even talk} about down days, but I really think it is healthy to get the word off your chest. A few weeks ago, I was feeling down in the dumps, pretty deep down there. I was in this crazy funk and I couldn't get out of it. I felt so lost, but I couldn't turn to anybody. I didn't want to rope people into my problems and wanted to feel really independent. I sat on my bed for three hours just sitting there feeling bad and negative. This anger had been building up inside of me for weeks before this huge "breakdown." Just a combination of different events seemed to trigger this "mega-meltdown" and I couldn't help myself but just feel crappy.  It wasn't until I was scrolling through some blogs, I found an old post from my favorite fitness blogger, Taralynn McNitt about a promise she made to herself sixteen months ago. This just seemed to pick me up because Taralynn was feeling quite similar to me. I've attached the article below and is definitely worth a peek.



I was so inspired by Taralynn's post that I wrote down my own rules for me to open in 10 months {I couldn't wait sixteen!} to see how I personally have grown, changed, and become a better person. It put me in a better mood and I have already seen the wonderful changes I have felt because of it. My positivity energy has been so great and I'm so happy where I am.

Have you ever felt in a funk before?

No comments:

Post a Comment