Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pleasing Others

I've always struggled with this topic a lot. I used to obsess over people being upset with me and/or not liking me. What did I do wrong? Why do they hate me? If I got in a fight with a friend over AIM {so middle school - I know!}, I would call their house and reconcile without even thinking because I hated the feeling of knowing someone else was mad at me. This mindset has carried with me until honestly this year. I've had people this year be upset with me and this was the first time that I actually just took the high road. People are always find a reason to be mad for one reason or another. Naturally, you have to let them cool down. Nothing good came from rushing into a conversation when everyone is heated up and angry. Give people a cool-down time {overnight is best = sleep is key!) and once they have their head on straight they can talk. Not everyone is going to agree with your opinions and the hard truth is they might not like you. It happens to everyone {yes, everyone!} You just have to know in your heart of hearts that you have a million other friends who care enough about you to give you love and support. That one friend isn't going to matter because who cares about what they think? Let them be mad. Be successful and happy with your friends. If a friend drops you, they aren't a true friend. True friends stick by you, no matter what. I learned this the hard way, but it is true. 

Have you ever been anxious about pleasing others?

No comments:

Post a Comment