Wednesday, September 18, 2013

5 Simple...but Relaxing Breaks

This has been the strangest of weeks. I've been pushed to my limits this week. I have been so busy with all this work and it keeps on piling up on my desk. It doesn't seem to end. Papers needing to be filed, work to be done before deadlines, catching up with my daily social media fix, having a social life: these things just don't seem to end. We all need a break here and there to catch our breath and save ourselves. Here are some of the 5 Simple...but relaxing breaks to take to make you feel better...and fast!

#1: Go for a walk: Seriously? A walk with all this on my plate? you think. It will help. Sitting behind a desk for too long without moving will just tire you out. Taking a few laps around the block with get your brain moving again and the endorphins will boost your attitude. Bring a coworker or friend for a little mid-day conversation and catch-up while your at it. 

#2: Grab a Treat: We all need a pick-me up. Once that 3:30 feeling hits, I'm a goner. My personal fav is a quick donut from Dunkin' Donuts. It makes me feel so happy and energized. Don't have more than one: too much sugar and you will definitely crash! 

#3: Pinterest: Can I live in Pinterest? Scrolling a few pins will give you a little boost of happiness. Pinterest is a great place for inspiration and browsing through them always makes me feel so good. Hint: My favorite is Humor/Kids. They always give me a good laugh when I need it. 

#4: Exercise: Exercising gives you endorphins! Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't kill their husbands. Legally Blonde moment: it was needed. Hopping on the treadmill for a quick workout will get the blood flowing and the endorphins moving through your body. It is a guaranteed way to relieve stress and make you happy. If you can't get to a gym, do a few laps around your local park or track. 

#5: Netflix: We all have a guilty pleasure we love to watch. (Kardashians anybody? Ugly Betty - I'm down!) Most of these shows are on Netflix streaming. When I'm down in the dumps, an episode can bring me right back up. Don't watch more than one or you'll be having yourself a movie marathon which is really hard to get out of. If you don't have Netflix or a service like it, find a show you like on Youtube or on cable. 

What are your favorite simple...but relaxing breaks?

No comments:

Post a Comment